Ajman is one of the seven emirates of UAE and Ajman free zone is an ideal location to start a free zone company. Ajman Free Zone is a hub of a wide range of business and commercial activities and provides investors with several opportunities for Ajman free zone business setup.
Ajman Free Zone Authority (AFZA) was established in 1988 and is now considered a major industrial hub of UAE, thanks to the availability of cutting-edge facilities, modern-day infrastructure and business-friendly policies. Located ideally near many international airports and two major emirates, Sharjah, and Dubai, Ajman Free Zone provides an excellent platform for companies and individuals to start their business in a highly encouraging economic environment that offers unlimited growth opportunities.
BUSINESS SETUP GUIDE
Ajman Free Zone provides numerous competitive privileges for Ajman free zone company formation. It is located opposite to the Ajman Port, which adds to the benefits of obtaining a commercial license in the Ajman Free Zone for investors interested in trading and related business activities. There are a host of modern-day facilities available in the Ajman Free Zone that attract the attention of investors and have played a major role in building a strong reputation for this famous UAE free zone worldwide.
Here are some other key facts about Ajman Free Zone:
- Ajman Free Zone has a well-developed infrastructure that provides an encouraging platform for any business to grow quickly.
- With quick and stress-free processing for a free zone company, investors can get a license in just 24 hours in most of the cases.
- AFZA provides easy access to low-cost labour that helps companies in finding cost-effective solutions to grow their business.
- This freezone in Ajman also offers a 20-year land contract option to investors. This contract is renewable every 20 years ensuring 40 years of customs-free operations.
- AFZA also offers its clients the option of 100% foreign ownership and 100% repatriation of capital and profits.
- Low-cost business setup
- 100% Ownership of the company
- Exemption from export and import duties
- Easy capital and profits transfer
Documents Required for Ajman Freezone Business Setup
- Passport copy
- 8 Passport size photographs
- Tourist visa copy (if the applicant is not a resident of UAE)
- Emirates ID Copy and NOC from the current sponsor (if the applicant is a resident of UAE)
- Memorandum of Association (Attested from the UAE embassy of investor’s place of origin)
- Board Resolution (Attested from the UAE embassy of investor’s place of origin)
Timelines for Ajman Free Zone Business Set up
While registering a company and obtaining the Ajman free zone license doesn’t take much time, the entire procedure of incorporation of a free zone company is relatively lengthy and can be completed between five to six weeks.
Here is the timeline of all procedures involved in Ajman free zone business set up:
- Documentation (Completed in 1-2 days)
- Company incorporation (Completed in 1-2 days)
- Applying for the opening of bank account (Completed in 1 day)
- Obtaining the Establishment Card (Completed in 2-3 weeks)
- Visa application and Visa Stamping (Completed in 2-3 weeks)
BUSINESS LICENCE ACTIVITIES
The type of activity your business participates in will dictate the types of licences you will require, along with the most appropriate facility you will require in Ajman Free Zone.
- Import & Export
- Vegetables & Fruit Trading
- Live Stock Trading
- Aquarium, Birds & Pets Trading
- Wool & Animal Hair Trading
- Fodder Trading
- Animal Feed Trading
- Foodstuff & Beverage Trading
- Baby Food Trading
- Snack Food Trading
- Dairy Products Trading
- Canned & Preserved Food Trading
- Fresh & Chilled Meat Trading
- Frozen Fish & Seafood Trading
- Foodstuff Trading
- Honey Trading
- Sugar Trading
- Coffee Trading
- Spices Trading
- Bread & Bakery Products Trading
- Confectionery & Chocolate Trading
- Pastry Trading
- Ice Cream Trading
- Flour Trading
- Ghee & Vegetable Oil Trading
- Nuts Trading
- Salt Trading
- Mineral Water Trading
- Juice Trading