QUEBEC EXPERIENCE CLASS
If you have studied or worked in the province of Quebec, you may be eligible to immigrate under this fast-track Canadian immigration program. The Province of Quebec administers its own immigration programs with selection criteria that are distinct and more predictable from those of federal and other provincial immigration programs. You need to obtain Quebec Selection Certificate in order to apply for Quebec immigration under QEC. Once you get the certificate, you need to clear the medical and security examination as per the norms laid down by the federal immigration authorities for you to be able to get Canadian Permanent Residency Visa.
Foreign nationals wishing to settle permanently in Quebec must undergo a two-step immigration process.
- They must be selected by the Ministère de l’immigration et des communautés culturelles (MICC), Quebec’s immigration authority. Selected applicants will receive a Quebec Certificat de Sélection (CSQ).
- An approved CSQ holder must file an application with Canadian federal immigration authorities. The federal government’s role in evaluating a Quebec application for permanent residence is mainly limited to issues of health and criminality.
FOLLOWING ARE THE CONDITIONS THAT ARE REQUIRED TO BE FULFILLED, TO APPLY FOR PEQ
Foreign students in Quebec will be eligible to apply under this program if they meet the following requirements:
- The student must have obtained a degree or diploma from an educational institution recognized by the Quebec Ministry of Education within the past 36 months;
- The student must have studied in Quebec for at least 1,800 hours (two years); and
- The student must show that he or she has successfully completed an advanced intermediate level French course at a Quebec educational institution, if his or her studies were not completed in French, or prove French ability by way of a standardized language test recognized by the government of Quebec.
Temporary Foreign Workers
Temporary Foreign Workers in Quebec will be eligible to apply under this program if they meet the following requirements:
- The worker must have 12 months of work experience in Quebec in a skilled, managerial, or professional occupation in the 24 months prior to submission of the application;
- The worker must be employed and show legal status in Quebec at the time of his or her application; and
- The worker must show that he or she has successfully completed an advanced intermediate level French course at a Quebec educational institution, if his or her studies were not completed in French, or prove French ability by way of a standardized language test recognized by the government of Quebec. Alternatively, he or she can show that he or she has satisfied the French language requirements of the professional order governing his or her occupation in Quebec.
Quebec immigration authorities expect the assessment of applications under the PEQ to be completed on a fast-track basis.
It is important to note that all applications from individuals who have obtained a CSQ are then processed in a separate priority queue at the federal level.
Benefits of this Visa
- You and your family are able to live and work in Canada permanently
- You can study in Canada.
- You receive subsidized healthcare benefits through Medicare and Insurance.
- You can sponsor other family members for permanent residency
- You can apply for Canadian citizenship/Passport
Things you need to know about this Visa
You will be required to live in work in Quebec for a specified period of time after which you may relocate anywhere in Canada.